Monday, July 4, 2011

I Love the Fourth of July

I love this holiday because I love the country I live in. I like the way we as a nation celebrate July 4th. Our family tries to keep it simple. Our tradition is a morning trip to the beach, afternoon nap, BBQ dinner out and to the beach for fireworks. I will try and keep with some of the tradition, but with Alec and Aaron away it will not be the same.  Alec is in North Carolina.  
    
 
Bryce helped me hang this ribbon. He was so cute and happy to be doing it for his dad. I asked him if he wanted his sign to say THANK YOU DADDY OR MISS YOU DADDY, you can see he was very proud. He misses his Daddy so much!!!!!!   

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your family's sacrifice and for Aaron's service. He makes July 4th worth celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those things which are precious are saved only by sacrifice. You pay the highest price, Darling, you and the children. What a wonderful surprise to end an arduous day. Seeing the pictures and reading your thoughts has lifted my weary soul. I love you, Blenda, and I thank you.

    ReplyDelete