Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Why

      The dynamics of this deployment are a little different this time. When Aaron deployed five years ago it was just me and Alec. Alec was in first grade although he was very young, I believe he understood what was going on. This time we have Bryce and at three years old he keeps saying Daddy's going away for a long time, two weeks. He just doesn't understand. I hope this blog will help me journal the experience and   I can have the blog printed as a scrapbook. With my busy life I love the idea of taking care of two things at once. Please check in on the blog, you can leave comments for Aaron and the boys. Aaron leaves tomorrow for the Middle East and I promise you he will be away for much longer then two weeks.    

2 comments:

  1. I have been blessed with a strong family throughout my 18-yr Navy career and know how stressful depoyments can be on everyone, especially the younger children. My most recent tour included three deployments to Iraq over a 27-month span and only allowed me to be home in Jax for 30 days during that period. But, with today's technology, I could feel close to home even when I was half a world away. It beats my deployments in the mid-90s, where letters had to be numbered and took forever to arrive. These days, USPS Priority Mail gets care packages to me in five days. Such a great feeling to be in the back of my humvee in the middle of the Iraqi desert eating cookies baked less than a week ago and chatting on Facebook or helping with Math homework on Skype. Good luck to you, Aaron and the rest of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow 27 months, that's crazy! We are looking forward to Skype. Thanks for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete