Monday, May 2, 2011

Aaron's thoughts on the killing of Osama bin Laden


On September 11th 2001 the world changed. For me personally it was a life changing event. It lit a fire in my soul that has never stopped burning. I will not over-inflate my role in the death of Osama Bin Laden. I was miles away from the operation. I have never, nor will I ever, meet the operators that carried out the mission. But I am related to them. They are my brothers; brothers-in-arms and fellow Navy shipmates. I am proud member of the branch of Service which finally closed this chapter.
 I miss my family. I miss my home. But when my grandchildren ask,”Where were you when Bin Laden was killed?” I will answer with a proud smile, “On station, I was on station.”                OS1 (EXW) Berrier, James A.
“Make no mistake, the United States will hunt down and punish those responsible for these cowardly acts." President George W. Bush, September 12th 2001
"The United States has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done.” Former President George W. Bush, May 2nd 2011

1 comment: